Can I Get Help?
Indiana’s Hardest Hit Fund (HHF) provides one-time mortgage reinstatement-only assistance to qualifying applicants, and foreclosure prevention counseling to any Indiana homeowner who needs it — absolutely free.
If you’re an Indiana homeowner who’s fallen behind on your mortgage payments due to an involuntary loss of employment or reduction in employment income, we want to help you stay in your home.
Indiana’s HHF may provide up to $30,000 in reinstatement-only assistance for approved homeowners who are able to make their current mortgage payments but unable to pay the past-due balance. This reinstatement brings delinquent loans current in one payment via the HHF.
Funded by the U.S. Department of the Treasury, Indiana’s HHF is a statewide program that assists Indiana homeowners who are at risk of mortgage delinquency and foreclosure.
Am I Eligible?
Indiana’s HHF requires that homeowners meet the following criteria.
You may be eligible for reinstatement assistance if you:
- Are an Indiana homeowner
- Own only one home, and currently reside in that home
- Have past-due mortgage payments because of an involuntary employment-related financial hardship such as a previous job layoff that occurred on or after Jan. 1, 2015
- Are able to make your current mortgage payments, but cannot pay the past-due balance
- Meet additional eligibility requirements based on income
Income Requirements *
The applicant must have:
- A current maximum front-end housing debt-to-income ratio of 38% or below
- An annual gross household income equal to or less than $150,000
- An unpaid principal balance of first lien mortgage no more than $453,100
*Additional requirements may apply.
Who Has Received Help?
We’ve provided more than $159 million to over 9,800 Hoosiers in 92 counties. Call us at 1-877-GET-HOPE (1-877-438-4673) or click the “Apply” button to start your application today!